Website Boyd Insurance & Investments
Boyd Insurance & Investments has been providing investment expertise and personal & commercial insurance to Manatee County for more than 45 years.
Open Position: Commercial Lines Account Manager | Department: Insurance
This position is sales-oriented and requires advanced communication skills, a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through the agency. The individual in this position is responsible for providing assistance to producers in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines business.
- Coordinate expirations with producer and/or account executive to obtain renewal and/or new business information.
- Maintain expiration control log.
- Provide in-house customer service to clients as assigned and requested.
- Assist in marketing new and renewal business, determining premiums, preparing presentation packets and maintaining underwriting and marketing information by carrier.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverages, signatures, and input these transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer only when necessary.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Be familiar with and follow agency Errors & Omissions guidelines.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Ideal candidate knows language/local industry.
- Must be a self-starter with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Should have thorough understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages.
- Minimum of two years of experience in similar position is desirable.
- Must be licensed per state requirements.
- Proven ability to pursue and close sales.
- Ability to learn and utilize company-approved software and business system applications.
- Ability to analyze data, insurance policies, loss runs, and financial statements.
- This is a public contact position that requires appropriate business apparel.
- Responsibilities include travel to local client and carrier locations during the work day, as well as occasional out of town travel.
- Candidate must have insured vehicle and be legally eligible to drive to client meetings.
- Must be able to requently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
If you are the type of person that wants to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today!
To apply for this job please visit www.boydinsurance.com.