ADA Website Compliance
Accessibility Statement for Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website
Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce is currently having our entire website redesigned which will be WCAG 2.1 AA compliant.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website:
- Please contact our President
- Office phone number: 941-778-1541, Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm
- Address: 5313 Gulf Dr, Holmes Beach, FL 34217
We try to respond to feedback within 24 hours. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays, there may be a longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website, there may be some limitations. Our website is built using the content management system, WordPress. Plugins are third-party developed tools and we do not have the capability to have these fixed. We have reached out to the third-party developer and have made them aware of the ADA non-compliance issue.
Below is a description of known limitations. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed.
Known limitations for Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website:
- button without text
- linked image missing alt attribute
- form control is not associated with a text label
- a decorative image without an alternative text
- linked image with empty alternative text
- order of headings is not correct
- an input has multiple labels
- an input does not have associated label
- label not associated with an input element
- empty link with image is without text alternative
- empty link
- empty heading
- missing LANG attribute for HTML tag
- labels or instructions are not provided when content requires user input
- duplicate values of type ID
- Page contains unclosed element “ul”
- Page contains stray end tag “div”
- Page contains stray end tag “a”
- page contains duplicate attribute “class”
- incorrect child element in list
- Page contains 1 unclosed element “span”
- Page contains 1 stray end tag “span”
- user interface control missing a programmatically determined name
- name of link with image can not be programmatically determined
- name of link can not be programmatically determined
Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce assessed the accessibility of Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using Dinolytics, an enterprise-level accessibility reporting tool based on the technology provided by the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content and code conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce President
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 1 business day and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
This statement was created on September 8, 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.