Office & Volunteer Coordinator
Save Our Seabirds is looking for the right candidate to manage its day-to-day operations and coordinate its volunteer program. This is a fulltime, salaried position (40 hrs./week). The candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy working with people, be a strong communicator, open to new ideas, be goal-driven, and the ability to work independently or in a team setting. Responsibilities include:
- Handle incoming phone calls/emails and manage rescue function of volunteer rescuers: dispatching rescuers, coordinating with hospital staff on intakes, and follow up with callers.
- Place weekly food, facilities and office supply orders in coordination with other staff.
- Source and maintain contact with vendors, contract workers and facilities service providers.
- Organize new employee, intern, and volunteer paperwork.
- Ensure compliance with human resource requirements in accordance with internal policies.
- Maintain personnel job descriptions, employee handbooks/manuals and employment policies.
- Assist in the implementation of standard operating procedures and personnel policies.
- Manage donor database by processing gifts and updating member information.
- Attend events and activities (educational, fundraising) individually or as a team.
- Oversee and proofread outgoing marketing materials, signage, occasional grants, etc.
- Provide communications point of contact/back up for the CEO with media inquiries.
- Provide coverage and back up for other administrative tasks and special projects, as needed.
- Recruit, manage and steward volunteers for specific opportunities within the organization.
- Develop and implement a volunteer interview process.
- Facilitate volunteer orientation and training sessions.
- Distribute volunteers into needed categories based on needs of the facility.
- Schedule volunteers for routine (daily/weekly) activities and special events (as needed).
- Coordinate emergency volunteer activities, e.g., hurricane.
- Maintain accurate volunteer records and files.
- Create and maintain an ongoing appreciation and recognition program for volunteers.
- 2-3 years administrative experience required; prior volunteer management preferred.
- Experience volunteering or working in a nonprofit or educational institution setting required.
Save Our Seabirds is committed to the rescue and rehabilitation of sick and injured birds with the goal of releasing them back to their natural habitats. A lifelong sanctuary and specialized medical care are provided for those birds that cannot be released. We use their stories to educate the public about avian conservation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org