Website Boyd Insurance & Investments
Boyd Insurance & Investments is a family-owned business with more than 45 years of experience serving Manatee and Sarasota businesses and individuals. Our team, nearly thirty strong, represents a broad selection of insurance carriers and investment products.
We are seeking a dedicated Marketing Manager who has a passion for driving results through collaborative relationships and has a proven track record of success. The individual in this position is responsible for handling and processing new and renewal commercial lines of business. This position provides account analysis, coverage and pricing negotiations, and technical services to producers by handling the day to day marketing of insurance coverages.
- Assist the Producers in meeting their production goals while placing risks that meet the agency’s underwriting standards and carrier commitments and guidelines.
- Review, analyze, and submit applications to insurance companies. Make recommendations regarding the risk to the Producer for the most cost-effective and proper insurance coverage.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for the best coverage at the best price.
- Assist sales in preparing the insurance program for presentation to the client.
- Prepare quotations and proposals for new business.
- Adhere to agency procedures that enforce E&O controls, integrity of data to the system, efficient use of resources, and equitable distribution of workload among all staff members.
- Attend periodic sales meetings to discuss current market conditions as well or to provide status reports of work in progress and input to sales strategy
- Review expiration lists 120 days in advance of expiration to determine what accounts require remarketing and assist in the designation of whether that remarketing be done in the Marketing Department or be completed by the CSR/Producer.
- Attend sponsored seminars and educational activities required to maintain product knowledge underwriting expertise and agency procedural and computer proficiency as well as state continuing education requirements.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Maintain Marketing procedures and recommend additions to Agency Owners and/or other Department Managers.
- Meet with company representatives to maintain awareness of the marketplace.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate knows the language/local industry.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position is desirable.
- Must be a self-starter with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from established directions and instruction.
- Should have a thorough understanding of state insurance laws and all P&C coverage definitions
- P&C Insurance License required.
- Proficient understanding of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn and utilize company-approved software and business system applications.
- This is a public contact position that requires appropriate business apparel.
- Responsibilities include travel to local client and carrier locations during the workday, as well as occasional out of town travel.
- The candidate must have an insured vehicle and be legally eligible to drive to client meetings.
- Must be able to frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
If you are the type of person that wants to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today!
To apply for this job please visit www.boydinsurance.com.